When we refer to ‘Sharp Ahead’ we mean the business entity that acts as the controller or processor of your information.
How to contact us
+44 (0)113 209 3580
UK Registered office: The Data Coordinator, Duke Studios, 3 Sheaf Street, Leeds, LS10 1HD, UK
Why we process your data
We may process your data for a number of different purposes:
- To keep you up to date with the latest, relevant content we have published.
- To administer any event delegate bookings you have bought from us.
- To keep you up to date with and invite you to any of our latest, relevant events
- To collect your feedback and seek your insight through online survey invitations.
Our lawful basis for processing your data
It’s in Sharp Ahead’s legitimate business interest to keep its clients and contacts informed of our latest content, products and services.
We process contact and client data and use direct marketing as part of this legitimate interest. It’s necessary for us to use a variety of direct marketing channels and messages to ensure our contacts are kept informed, and wherever possible we make sure the messages we send are targeted and relevant. Any direct marketing we undertake complies with e-privacy rules on consent.
We will keep your data safely and securely for as long as necessary or according to your instructions, and we review the data we hold at least once every two years. If you’d like more information about how we store your data, please contact us directly.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
You can manage your preferences and unsubscribe at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of data we collect
When you register for events or to view content, we’ll collect the kind of standard, non-sensitive information you would expect a B2B supplier to request. For example, we may ask for your:
- Your name
- Your job title
- Your email address and contact number
- Your postal address
- The name of the organisation you work for
- Your dietary requirements (if you’re attending one of our events)
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled. It will turn off some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Your rights over the personal data we hold
You can reasonably request access to the personal data we hold on you, at any time, and we will provide that information free of charge within one month of your request at the latest.
You can request inaccurate or incomplete personal data held on you to be rectified or completed or for your personal data to be suppressed or erased, and we will respond within one month of your request at the latest.
We will supply any data you request in a CSV file.
Your right to object
You have the right to opt out of our direct marketing at any point, and we will deal with your request right away.
You can unsubscribe from our emails by contacting us at email@example.com.
Data Protection Authority
You have the right to raise a concern or lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the case of residents of the UK, please see more information here.
Last Edited on 22 – 05 – 2018